Over the past 24 hours, I’ve moved my site from one host to another and done a full and clean install of WordPress in the new location. It wasn’t simple and I had a few technical glitches getting all my content out and then back into WordPress, but it’s all set now and I’m quite pleased.
As a bonus, I also finally took care of removing the /wp from my URL so it’s just all at the root now which I’ve wanted to do for a long time. I found an excellent plugin to handle the 301 redirects which was something I was initially concerned about, but this plugin makes it totally painless to instantly change how things work.
I should note that the technical issues resulted from a massive volume of past posts. I’ve had this blog running in some form or another since 2002, and exporting it all via WP did not work. My mysql skills are lacking and it took a few tries dealing with phpmyadmin and tech support from both my past and now current hosts.
All good now … If you notice anything out of the ordinary, please do let me know. Otherwise, not much to see here.