Hard to believe that a third season of 24 has begun… in fact it’s hard to believe that they have been able to manage 3 seasons of what seemed like a one season special in year one. This series picks up where the last one left off, though 3 years later… Jack has clearly had a rough go and the President is still recovering from the assassination biological attempt which ended the second season in the final twist! I won’t reveal anything else here if you have it time shifted and are planning to catch it later.

There is generally a high degree of product placement within the show and this first episode was not unique in that regard. The entire hour was presented commercial free thanks to Ford and the F-150 Truck which was a nice bonus for viewers in my opinion. Usually commercial breaks count against you in watching as the show is seen in real time – literally. Dell seems to be a new addition with laptops, security scanners (was that a tablet they touched to ID themselves at the prison?) and work stations. Jack and some Presidential staff seem to be continuing with the Apple tradition. Jack seemed to have a 17″ Powerbook G4 as well as a G5 behind him with what appeared to be a 23″Cinema Display.

Overall a great start to what continues to be an extremely solid show.

36 comments for “24

1. 10/29/2003 at 10:57 pm

They’ve used Dell PCs in the show since it started. Remember how in season one the goodies used Apples and the baddies used PCs? And that was how you could tell who was the mole?

2. 10/29/2003 at 11:32 pm

Indeed you are correct… I do recall seeing some PC vs Mac gear, though I guess I did not recall seeing it as Dell.

Thanks for the link!

3. Phil
    10/30/2003 at 4:10 pm

I’ve always enjoyed the vtec 2.4 Ghz phones in CTU – makes me feel special when i make a call on mine. Too bad they don’t actually have that ring tone!

4. Sluggy!
    11/2/2003 at 9:52 pm

I haven’t noticed the cordless phones on the show so much (not for a lack of watching both seasons’ DVDs twice), but all of the desk phones I’ve seen at CTU are Cisco VoIP phones, specifically the 7960. On those phones, they are using the default ring tone that Cisco ships with CallManager.

Sluggy!

5. meir
    11/24/2003 at 8:01 am

Hello;
    Is there a way to download the ringtone of CTU’s
    desktop Phones? I want to add it to my cell phone.

Thanks for any idea.

6. 12/2/2003 at 7:38 pm

CTU Ringtone…

7. 12/2/2003 at 7:41 pm

Very cool… nice work

8. Eric
    12/22/2003 at 4:58 pm

I have a Cisco IP Phone, same model as in 24 (7960). But I don’t have the 24 ring tone. I want it !! Is there anything I can do? 25 ring tones came with the phone, but none of them sound anything like the tone on 24. The default that came with it is “Chirp 1”.

9. 1/5/2004 at 3:36 pm

I have recently installed a CISCO IP phone solution and would like to get the 24 ringtone as well. I am pretty sure that it has to be a .RAW file…. Anyone know where to get it?

10. anon
    1/5/2004 at 9:00 pm

The default on my 7960 is “Chirp 1” as well.

11. 1/8/2004 at 8:32 am

Here is the location where you can find the 24 ringtone as well as some others…

12. ryan
    1/16/2004 at 2:37 pm

Does anyone know how to install that 24CTU ringtone into the 7960?

13. Thomas-
    1/18/2004 at 10:35 am

ryan: add it to your tftpserver and also include it in your RINGLIST.DAT file and reboot your phone

14. sezzy
    1/30/2004 at 11:52 am

hiya does ne1 know where i could get hold of the tone for a nokia 3410?!

15. ian
    2/5/2004 at 11:53 am

can someone please tell me which brand the mobile phones (not ctu vtek’s but cellular) from jack bauer is? Thanks.

16. 2/5/2004 at 12:20 pm

Seems they are using a combination of Nextel (motorola) and Sprint (Samsung) Phones…

I was not aware that either had service in Mexico… but it is TV after-all.

17. ian
    2/5/2004 at 1:31 pm

so this means that you can’t buy these cellars?
    PS can you give me a site where I can download the ringtone for an SonyErikkson t68i?
    Thanks any way.

18. Fabian
    2/23/2004 at 2:41 pm

We do have Nextel Service in Mexico, with the same phone models availble in US. Sprint has no network here, but it work with telcel our local service provider.

19. Amar Thakrar
    2/23/2004 at 5:53 pm

hey i heard the ringtone at Macys in NYC when i was there last week on the phones that they have by the cash registers, stupid me forgot to check what model these phones are (i highlly doubt they would use $$ cisco phones) if anywone has suggestions gimmie a shout on my email..thanks

20. 2/24/2004 at 8:58 pm
  21. Nicey
    2/27/2004 at 9:52 pm

Here’s another location where you can find the 24 ringtone…

22. haystack
    3/9/2004 at 11:03 am

Hi .. I have the 24CTU ringtone on my SE Z600 and it sounds great .. but .. I’d like to get the type of ringtones that they have on their cellphones .. not some sort of embarrasing song .(can u imagine Jack’s fone ringing with copacabana ??!!) . but a cool “phone” sound .. can’t really find anything .. any ideas ???

H. out .. repeat .. H. out

23. 3/22/2004 at 1:20 pm

i want to get that sound of the clock ticking when the show goes to or comes back from a commercial break for a ringtone, that would be fat, but i can’t find it anywhere

24. Faux?
    8/11/2004 at 12:07 pm

ring tone for nokia composer (sort of)
    temp=112bpm 32f1 32f1 16- 32f1 32f1 16- 8- 32b2 32b2 32b2 32- 32b1 32b1 32b1 32b1 32b1

25. sam
    8/14/2004 at 3:07 pm

Does anyone know if there is a ringtone out there anywhere that is the CTU ringtone, but NOT the really popular one, (the doo doo, DOO DOO) one.

I’m after the other weird ring, the ‘doo doooooooooooo’ one.

Thanks anyone.

P.S. Don’t laugh at my pathetic attempts at conveying the ringtones to you, it’s not my fault, it’s the best I could do!

26. 10/23/2004 at 7:44 pm

I’m looking for Bauer’s Cell ring tone. I know it’s obtainable as my dad and a former co-worker had it on their old VERIZON phones. I’ve got a topic on it at the site I listed in the “Ask The Experts” section to no avail thus far.

27. Tommy
    1/13/2005 at 4:25 pm

It is actually the cisco 7970 since it is the only of them all that have a four way cursor pad, at least in season 4. I havn’t checked the other seasons =)

28. Canguro
    2/14/2005 at 4:14 am

What cell phone uses Bauer in Season 4? (motorola-like… i`m from Chile, and i want to buy it at any cost!!)

29. Jerry Westerby
    6/14/2005 at 10:30 am

Where can I get the CTU (24H tv series) ringtone for my Nokia 2600?

30. Chett
    11/8/2005 at 7:12 pm

A couple of questions:

Anyone have the Cellphone ringtones?
    Can these IP phones be setup in a home? Whats needed other than the phone?

31. Hermann
    12/10/2005 at 12:10 pm

The best collection of 24 ringtones for mobiles and also for Cisco 7940 7960 asterisk sip voip callmanager raw mp3 twenty four theme I found…

32. Casey
    3/2/2006 at 11:45 am

I have a sany vm4500 and I am trying to get the standard 24 ctu ringtone. Does anyone know how I can do this. I have been trying for a few days now and have been unsuccessful.

33. Mike
    3/13/2006 at 1:29 am

any one know where i can dl the ctu rigntone thru get it now if they have it?

34. cbed
    3/13/2006 at 3:39 pm

i want the clock ticking ringtone does anybody know where i can get it?

35. Ridley
    3/24/2006 at 1:52 pm

I have a DVD rip of the CTU standard ringer in mp3 format. My Nokia 6101 will play mp3s as ringtones, but I am not sure about anyone else’s phone. You need the file, then you need to use a WAP uploader to download the file to your phone (mobile web required). Just go to http://www.ccir.ed.ac.uk/~jad/ringtone.html and get the first mp3 format of the ringer (the others suck and sound nothing like it, cheap midi imitations). Then use the WAP service at the bottom of the page. Have fun kids.