7 comments for “Thinking about a Palm upgrade?

1. cw
    1/2/2004 at 12:22 am

I tried to buy one and it said “out of stock”…. could not back order either. oh well.

2. Erich
    1/2/2004 at 2:38 am

I was able to back-order one as of about 2:30 am EST. We’ll see if they actually follow through with the order.

3. 1/2/2004 at 9:33 am

Game over – The price is back up and now showing $398…

4. cw
    1/2/2004 at 2:26 pm

I was able to call their 800 number and order one at about 10:00PM PST. Something like this happened to me once before a long time ago with onsale.com when i bought 6 workstations for 50 bucks each when they were worth about 1000. they listed them as a “buy it now” for $50 instead of having a starting bid of $50. onsale sent me a letter indicating that the seller was recanting on the deal because it was an obvious mistake. I called onsale and they told me that they were just a conduit between sellers and buyers and that they could not do anything about it. anyways, it will be interesting to see if they process the order or not.

5. cw
    1/2/2004 at 2:44 pm

Clarifying my previous post. I was able to buy one last night at 10:00PM PST at which time the web site still indicated a price of 199. It does appear to “Game Over” now. Although interestingly enough, it does not appear to be on back order anymore. hmm

6. cw
    1/2/2004 at 5:50 pm

Tracking Info: Status: Deleted by Delivery Cntr.

oh well… nothing gained nothing lost.

I called the 800 number and they said they were not going to honor the internet price. I could get a 10 percent discount in consideration of the inconvenience. I got the feeling the customer service rep I was speaking to was aware of the problem so they prolly sent out a memo.

7. 1/2/2004 at 9:05 pm

That sucks… but I read on Brighthand from a supposed store rep that they learned of their mistake and pulled inventory so they would not have to honor internet receipts of such a low price.