Waterfield Design’s

I purchased a new Canon G10 over the weekend and have really been enjoying it. More on that later …

Like most camera’s you don’t get a case. I knew this going in, but since I opted for the immediate gratification (retail purchase) I was not able to get a case in time for my first few outings. After a bit of research I came across this:

Canon G10 Slim case, originally uploaded by SpeednutDave.

While I’ve been familiar with Waterfield Designs for a long time, I’d never ordered anything but seeing that picture immediately changed that!

What I discovered immediately though is that Waterfield is one cool company. I got a personalized order confirmation from Gary who asked how I came across the site. It struck me as such a simple thing I wonder why more companies don’t take the 2 minutes to do something similar. I replied to Gary, shared the picture above and Gary again replied with his thanks. Dig it!

Today my case arrived and on my packing invoice was another personal hand written thank you though this time from Alli. Waterfield – you’ve got class! And now that I have my first product I can also add you make very high quality goods! I’m sure I’ll be back for more gear.

I snapped a quick pic tonight of my case … while I don’t have a lightbox setup like Dave, I was able to snap a good macro shot to give a view of the stitching on my Zoom case.

8 comments for “Waterfield Design’s

1. 5/20/2009 at 11:59 pm

I have the Waterfield RacerX MacBook bag – it's fantastic.

2. Speednut Dave
    5/27/2009 at 12:40 pm

Thanks for the compliments on my photo. Keep in mind that my DIY soft light box can be had for ~$5 with a box you already have lying around in the house (hello Amazon.com), a sharp blade, and some white tissue paper. Add some white paper for a background and a sheet of frosted white plastic. Take it outside on a sunny day to skip using flashes/shop lights in your garage, etc. Use a bit of white card stock to reflect the sun into the side panels. Instant studio on the cheap. 🙂

Glad you like the Waterfield case as much as I do. Waterfield Designs really is a class act.

Appreciate the delicious link to news on the new Nokia Maemo 5 device. I'm an avid N810 user and I'm itching bad for a phone upgrade. Really anxious to see this release from Nokia!

3. 5/27/2009 at 4:15 pm

I'm really hoping that maemo news is real… I love the N810 as well and would welcome cellular data and a more phone like device.

4. 6/16/2009 at 7:13 pm

Just catching up on RSS and I have to agree with everything you've said about Waterfield. Their stuff is super high quality and I love the way the company does business. I've purchased several things from them and will keep on coming back in the future!

5. Regent
    7/6/2009 at 1:45 pm

Very nice looking case. Much better than the average ugly, black tarmac case.

6. Regent
    7/6/2009 at 5:45 pm

Very nice looking case. Much better than the average ugly, black tarmac case.