E71 Recommended Accessory – JAVOedge Stereo Adapter

One considerable annoyance of the E71 is the 2.5mm headset connection which makes using your high end headphones impossible… at least without an adapter.

I had an adapter from a few years ago when I ran into a similar situation with the Treo. That adapter unfortunately was only dual-mono which works fine for calls but definitely impacts the listening experience for music. A quick trip to google and then Amazon (via mobile during the commute) led me to the JAVOedge 2.5mm to 3.5mm stereo adapter. Don’t be put off by the fact that this is actually a Treo accessory… It works great on the E71!

Here are a few shots for perspective:

Amazon is selling a 2-pack for $4 plus shipping. I have one in my car and one in my bag and am definitely ready to rock.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

17 comments for “E71 Recommended Accessory – JAVOedge Stereo Adapter

1. 8/18/2008 at 5:20 pm

Great tip, thanks! Now I just have to figure out where to get a similar adapter in Finland. We don’t use those Treos, you know…

2. 8/18/2008 at 8:37 pm

perhaps Amazon or a similar shop can help you …

3. SARMM
    8/20/2008 at 10:36 pm

Hi

I have a Nokia E71 and although i use my motorola S805 to listen to music from it sometimes i just want to plug my sony headphones in to save all the trouble of turning bluetooth on and off. Therefore this adapter does offer playback in stereo on the E71 right?

4. 8/20/2008 at 11:33 pm

Definitely stereo … The previous adapter was dual-mono, but this is stereo and excellent!

5. SARMM
    8/29/2008 at 11:34 am

Just got the adapter and its great(stereo sound)!!! Thank you for this great post. I have been leaving my E71 at home and using my N82 because i did not have an adapter. Whats the expected life span of this adapter?

6. 8/30/2008 at 9:26 am

Not sure … good thing you get 2 for $4

7. 11/20/2008 at 2:12 am

I believe it is a excellent products for our private vehicle.

8. Pingback: Nokia E71 Blog
  9. Abhi
    2/23/2009 at 1:38 pm

Hello…
    Thanx for providing the info.
    But I checked out Amazon and found it is 'Out of Stock'.
    Can you please provide me with the link or its substitute…

10. 3/19/2009 at 11:37 pm

When I 1st saw this desk stand I thought it looked a bit big, but in the flesh its small and compact and rather cool. It sits nice on a desk surface and I can still easily access the keys. The usb charger cable doesn’t work, I’ll need to send back, but I’ve used my own ca-100 usb cable

11. 3/20/2009 at 3:37 am

12. Tim
    9/8/2009 at 9:40 pm

Ordered a set on Sept’09. The adapters I received did NOT work on Nokia e71-2 NAM. Only getting dual mono of the right channel.

13. Fff
    9/4/2011 at 8:47 am

Now I just have to figure out where to get a similar adapter in Finland. We don’t use those Treos, you know..
    buy rift platinum at http://www.riftplatinum.us
    riftgamestores.com offers cheapest Rift Platinum to all the players! Here is the best place for the Rift players to buy your RIFT Gold. We just offer the lowest price and the best service when you buy RIFT gold here. We are 24/7

online, if you have any questions with buying RIFT Platinum, you can contact us anytime and we will try our best to solve your problems. We are also the professional supplier of all kinds of RIFT Powel Leveling which can meet all

your needs. Buy Cheap rift Platinum and fast and safe Rift Power Leveling here, enjoy the Cheapest price, the Fastest delivery and our Best service!
    buy diable 3 http://www.diablo3goldsale.us
    buy dragon nest gold at http://www.saledragonnestgold.com and http://www.selldragonnestgold.com

14. Winhwa88