I signed up for Blaze Mobile over the summer and while I have received a number of emails from the company touting how wonderful they are, I have yet to receive my NFC sticker – the core product they offer.
When I questioned this I received the following:
We are sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, our bank requires us to mail the stickers with a plastic prepaid card which are on back-order. As soon as they are in, we will mail both to you.
In the meantime, you can use 90% of the Blaze Wallet without the sticker including the following just to name a few:
- You can get your account balance and receipts from over 8,000 financial institutions
- You can load your reward cards for hotels, airlines, rental cards and get your point balances
- You can purchase movie tickets
- You can search for restaurants and other points of interest and get turn-by-turn directions
- You can create expense reports (iPhone version only)
Last I checked, there’s nothing unique or beneficial about doing any of this stuff with Blaze. Â I would not even consider Blaze the source for any of this activity … The only semi-interesting bit is the expense report though it’s highly unlikely that it would work with our corporate system and most importantly what would I be expensing without a way to pay??
I get that NFC payments are still largely considered new and mainly in tests outside of a few cases like retail and transit cases Â - at least in NYC. Â What I don’t like though is how a product is openly marketed as real andÂ prevalentÂ with little to no “customer” communication about where things really stand. Â When I signed up there was no mention of a backlog on pre-paid cards … and come on really? Â Is it that hard for whatever bank is backing this to issue a card?