As of March 2004, most users in the US connect to the Internet using dial-up modems of 56Kbps or less.
- 44.42% use 56Kbps modems,
- 6.88% use 28/33.3Kbps, and
- 2.73% use 14.4Kbps modems.
- 54.03% of home users in total in the US connect to the Internet at 56Kbps or less
Broadband penetration in US homes increased by 0.82% in March.
- As of March 2004 broadband penetration was at 45.97%, up from 45.15% in February
- The average increase in broadband was 0.76% per month from October 1999 to February 2004.
- Broadband share in the US should exceed 50% by July of 2004.