14 comments for “In need of some serious Google Account help!

1. Hans
    11/11/2013 at 3:58 pm

I’d start by changing your password back… that might not fix all, but it might get you something.

2. 11/11/2013 at 4:10 pm

I’m afraid to make any more changes that might disconnect my web access. I’ll lose access to email …

3. varun
    11/11/2013 at 4:22 pm

You can’t change the password back. Google disallows password re-use for at least the past ten passwords.

I would drop a line here – it’s for a different issue, but it appears to be the only actual way to send an email to Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/disabled2?p=

4. 11/11/2013 at 4:31 pm

thanks. filled in the form. My problem is a bit different than the options they offer … sadly it seems rather unique.

5. 11/11/2013 at 6:20 pm

Only thing I have experienced that even comes close is Google’s implementation of 2-step verification and app specific passwords. Doubt that’s your issue but *maybe* Google think you’ve opted for 2-step?

6. 11/11/2013 at 6:36 pm

It’s been a long time since I used two-factor. Many months … I suppose there could be a ghost in the machine but seems unlikely given the moment it happened was with a new device on a new / updated OS.

7. 11/12/2013 at 12:54 pm

OMG THANK YOU! Same problem and fixed wooohoooooo!

8. Pingback: ??????????? Disqus
  9. 4/23/2014 at 7:09 am

I had to delete my google account from the phone and then re-add the account to my phone that fixed it

10. 8/28/2014 at 12:33 pm

Delete and relogin with your new password, everything will be fixed

11. Apple and Roid
    7/29/2015 at 9:38 pm

THIS IS THE BEST SOLUTION READ THIS:
    On your phone, go to the application manager. (Settings > Applications) Go to the ALL tab. Scroll down and find Google+. Hit clear data. Open up google+ again and it should work fine.

12. Nolimit
    11/8/2015 at 2:34 am

Go to settings->More->Data Uage. Scroll down to Google Play Services and uncheck Restrict mobile background data. It worked for me.